An Acid Reflux is a disease that is caused due to flow of acids from stomach to esophagus. It causes pain and discomfort to the people affected by this disease. This discomfort and pain is called as Heartburn.
Symptoms of Acid Reflux:
Some of the symptoms of Acid Reflux are
- Pain in Chest region
- Dental Erosion
- Regurgitation and
Causes of Acid Reflux:
The common cause of Acid Reflux is fault in Lower Esophageal Sphincter. If the lower esophageal sphincter is not working properly, then it allows the acid to come up from stomach to esophagus. Other causes of acid reflux are
- Acid Reflux commonly occurs in pregnant ladies. Because the baby inside suppose to press the stomach. So that contents has the chance to come up to esophagus.
- Hiatus Hernia is another cause of acid reflux. When the upper part in stomach region forwards some content to chest through an opening in diaphragm. Vomit, coughing severely, more strain etc is the causes of Hiatus Hernia.
- Inadequate Digestive Enzymes and Peptic Ulcers in stomach produce gastric acids. This gastric acid comes up to esophagus.
- Asthma is also another cause of Acid Reflux.
- Patients those have quitted alcohol has created Acid Reflux.
- Smoking of cigarette will decrease the saliva production, produces an acid in stomach, Esophageal Sphincter gets weak and digestion gets slower as well. So, smoking of cigarette also causes acid reflux.
Treatments for Acid Reflux:
Being diet is only one treatment for acid reflux.
There are some foods that are most often create heartburn and these foods must not be taken by the acid reflux affected people. They are black pepper, alcohol, coffee, tea, citrus fruits, chili, vinegar, spicy foods, tomato and garlic. Sometimes beans, cabbage, soda drinks, cauliflower and kale also create discomforts to the acid reflux affected people. There are some medicines like antiacids, prokinetic agents, acid suppressant and propton pump inhibitors are really very effective for neutralizing acid content in stomach. If the patients follow their limits in eating and have continuous check up, Acid Reflux is definitely a curable disease.