A multi touch product that is developed with the combination of a hardware and software technology is known as Microsoft Surface. This product is offered by Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Surface allows the users for manipulating the digital content with the help of gesture recognition. It could include physical objects or hand motions.
Microsoft Surface was introduced in D5 Conference on 29th May, 2007. This product is announced and developed for targeting customers in hospitality areas, Hotels, Entertainment venues, Restaurants, Military and Retail.
The introductory launch of the product was on 17th April, 2008. It was first introduced by AT&T for the customer use. Microsoft showcased its new version of Microsoft Surface at CES on 6th Jan, 2011 and it is named as Microsoft Surface 2.0. This latest version is developed with the partnership of Samsung.
In Microsoft Surface, there are 4 important components.
- Multi – touch Contact.
- Direct Interaction.
- Multi – user Experience.
- Object Recognition.
Specifications of Microsoft Surface:
- Microsoft Surface has the similar appearance of table and it is a 76 cm i.e. 30 inches display.
- It measures the size of 22 – inch height, 42 – inch width and 21 inch depth.
- The top of the Surface is made of acrylic and the inner frame is made of power coated steel.
- Microsoft Surface is supported on Windows Vista operating system.
- It includes Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g connectivity, Wired Ethernet 10 / 100 and Bluetooth v2.0 connectivity.
- The applications of Surface are written with the use of Microsoft XNA or Windows Presentation Foundation technology.
- It features 2.66 GHz Intel Core Quad Xeon (Woodcrest) processor with a motherboard (2 ATX motherboards size), DDR2 1066 4 GB RAM and 7200 rpm 1 TB hard disk drive.
- Microsoft Surface 2.0 features a 40 inches display, Full LCD HD 1080p display screen and HD Radeon 6700 M.
- It runs 2.9 GHz AMD Athlon 2 X2 Processor.
- Microsoft Surface is supported on Windows 7 operating system and now it is supported on Windows Phone 7 as well.
- This latest version Surface includes a latest Pixel Sense technology. This technology includes Infrared sensors which is a part of the LCD screen allows the table surface to view on the top without any use of camera.
For more details visit: http//www.microsoft.com/surface/