Leukemia Cancer is formed in the cells of blood. Infections, bleeding and anemia are the major risk for the people affected by leukemia. The causes of leukemia cancer are not yet known, but risk factors are known. Chemotherapy is the most common treatment for the patients affected on leukemia cancer. Sometimes, bone marrow transplantation and radiation therapy are also down.
Types of Leukemia Cancer:
The types of leukemia cancer can be classified according how quickly the disease becomes worse. Therefore, the leukemia cancer can be chronic or acute.
- Chronic – generally becomes worse very slowly.
- Acute – generally becomes worse very quickly.
The four common types of leukemia cancer are:
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia.
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.
Symptoms of Leukemia Cancer:
Some of the common symptoms caused by chronic and acute leukemia cancer are:
- Night Sweats.
- Swollen Lymph Nodes – Generally it does not hurt.
- Always feeling tired.
- Bleeding very easily.
- Close succession infections.
- Feeling discomfort in abdomen.
- Pain in joints or bones.
- Loss of weight with no reason.
Risk Factors for Leukemia Cancer:
The risk factors of leukemia cancer are:
- Peoples affected by high rays of radiations can get chronic myeloid leukemia, acute lymphocytic leukemia or acute myeloid leukemia.
- Peoples also affected by benzene in their work place can get chronic myeloid leukemia, acute lymphocytic leukemia or acute myeloid leukemia.
- The main risk factor for causing acute myeloid leukemia is smoking cigarettes.
- Down syndrome can increase the cause of acute leukemia.
- Myelodysplastic syndrome can increase the cause of acute myeloid leukemia.
- HTLV – I infected peoples have the risk of causing human T-Cell leukemia.
- Sometimes acute lymphocytic leukemia or acute myeloid leukemia can be caused by cancer fighting drugs.
Treatment methods for Leukemia Cancer:
There are many treatment methods for the peoples affected by leukemia cancer: The treatment methods can depend on type of leukemia affected and age of the patient.
- Targeted Therapy.
- Biological Therapy.
- Stem Cell Transplant.
- Radiation Therapy.
More details about Leukemia Cancer:
To know more details about leukemia cancer visit
http://www.cancer.gov/espanol (Spanish website)