Manufacturing the production processes such as resource savings, release of pollutants and recycling of components with the consideration of environmental impact at all stages is known as Green Manufacturing.
- Reduction of cost.
- Quality improvement.
ISO 9000 AND ISO 14000:
- Changes the motivation.
- Recognized quality standards are followed by the companies.
Zero Emission Strategy:
- Environmentally damaging production products are eliminated.
- 16% of companies are actively following zero emission.
- 85% of companies are following reduced emission strategies.
Benefits of Green Manufacturing:
The benefits of green manufacturing are
- Saves useless costs.
- Research and Design are promoted.
- Creates reputation to the public.
Advantages of Green Manufacturing:
- Waste and pollution are minimized.
- Energy efficient.
- Saves valuable resources.
- Higher quality and reliability.
- Reducing cost – zero emission strategy.
- Increase in product cost.
- Lack of availability and information.
Green manufacturing’s Goal:
- The goal of sustainability “Every company when it comes to green manufacturing should be conserving natural resources for future generations.”
Green manufacturing is not characterized by a specific machine, but by processes. It maximizes raw material uses and minimizes the waste. So now many companies are going with the process of green manufacturing.